Tuesday, September 10, 2013

August 2013: Garage, August 18, 2013

Well, ,this is unpleasant. For the second time in my life, my back garage window has been broken.  I don't know how it happened, but I'd like to assume it's an accident.  The neighbor's back fence is still down, and so it could be the kids next door to them throwing things (although I haven't found anything in the garage) or it could've been bored kids (there is still the debris from taking down the wood fence, and there was a piece of fence randomly behind my garage that kids could've been trying to break the window for reasons only kids understand).  At any rate, a window needed to be replaced.


I cut out the caulking around the window, which was a chore in itself.  The garage is old, and the new windows didn't fit squarely in the garage, so some areas had a lot of caulk in them.  I can only be thankful that at this point in the process, I understood how to put caulk on, so there wasn't too much excess caulk to cut away.

Dad came over, we took the window pain above it out of the window, and went to the local hardware store down the street where they cut a new piece of plexiglass the same time.  Plexiglass will yellow over time, which usually makes it less desirable than glass, but it's also somewhat harder to break, so I wanted to go with the "harder to break" option.



And then we put the window back into place.  I haven't re-caulked it yet.  I should get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment